The Privacy Notice explains how Bryanston Veterinary Hospital CC obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
At Bryanston Veterinary Hospital CC we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
Who we are:
Bryanston Veterinary Hospital cc is the private practice of Dr Chris Collie, Dr Ross Elliott, Dr Greg Irvine-Smith, Dr Remo Lobetti and Dr Chad Berman. The practice is managed according to the standards set by the Veterinary and Para-Veterinary Professions Act No. 58 of 1982 and regulations issued under this Act, as amended from time to time and the practitioners are subject to the authority of the South African Veterinary Council (SAVC).
Our business is to practice veterinary medicine within the scope and ambit of our competence and training, as defined from time to time. We are an industry expert and offer the highest standard of professional pet care, which include small animal medicine, diagnostics and treatment, small animal surgery and arthroscopy and small animal dentistry. We are bound by a number of ethical rules issued by the SAVC, most notably the obligation to preserve patient confidentiality, unless legislation or a court order compels us to breach this duty.
The type of personal information we collect:
We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of understanding your requirements and delivering services accordingly. For this purpose, we will collect contact details including your name, contact number and email address.
How we get the personal information and what we use it for:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- The information will be collected directly from you where you provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
- Information collected will be provided to us by you where we will have access to your name, surname, email address and contact details.
- Information provided will be regarding services provided at Bryanston Veterinary Hospital CC.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you.
- Personal information such as contact details will be obtained in order for Bryanston Veterinary Hospital CC to contact you regarding any enquiries made relating to and not limited to the services we provide.
We may share this information with:
- We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
- Information is shared with relevant departments to who the enquiry is meant for. Each department ensures strict confidentiality, security and privacy are maintained.
When will we process your personal information:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
We secure information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure of Personal Information in its control and custody.
We keep your information for as long as the information is used and at least 1 year thereafter, should the information become obsolete. We will then dispose your information securely when no longer required. The information will be disposed of correctly in line with the companies Data Destruction Policy as well as applicable legislation, ensuring the proper destruction and removal of data in such a way that it will no longer be accessible or retrievable.
Your data protection rights:
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to our partners, Dr Chris Collie, Dr Ross Elliott, Dr Greg Irvine-Smith, Dr Remo Lobetti and Dr Chad Berman, at email@example.com. We may charge you a fee for this service as set out in terms of Condition 8 of POPIA.
- You may also request Bryanston Veterinary Hospital CC to correct or supplement any of your personal data which Bryanston Veterinary Hospital CC will undertake as soon as practicable.
- Request the destruction of your personal data. Dr Remo Lobetti our Information Officer will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting Bryanston Veterinary Hospital CC from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at bvh@global..co.za if you wish to make a request.
Dr Remo Lobetti
6 Ballyclare Drive
Cnr William Nicol
(011) 706 6023
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017